Especially high tides, also known as "king tides," will soon be visiting Southern Marin thanks to a full moon on July 13 and the recent summer solstice.
High tides exceeding 6.5' are predicted for the following days:
- Sunday, July 10 at 9:13 p.m. (6.56')
- Monday, July 11 at 10:03 p.m. (6.82')
- Tuesday, July 12 at 10:55 p.m. (6.98')
- Wednesday, July 13 at 11:48 p.m. (6.99')
- Friday, July 15 at 12:41 a.m. (6.82')
King tides can help us understand what Southern Marin will look like during less extreme tides in the coming decades due to global warming. The State of California recommends that Bay Area communities plan for a sea level rise of 1.1 to 1.9 feet by 2050. For more information on Tide Predictions, please visit NOAA Tides and Currents.