Earth Awareness Month
Earth 2050: Create a Better World
Celebrate Earth Day and help create a better world at Earth 2050, a free community event on Sunday, April 24 in Mill Valley!
You will see some amazing art, hear inspiring talks, play fun games and enjoy good music at this special community event. And you will learn about actions we can take to save ourselves and our planet, such as: use clean energy, eat sustainably, live lightly and build healthy communities.
Earth 2050 invites people of all ages to join playful activities to imagine a more just and sustainable world -- and to take action to make it happen.
Come celebrate Earth Day with us! Bring your family, friends and neighbors for this fun outdoors celebration of what we can do together to protect our environment and our future. View the full event description (PDF).
This event is produced by Green Change with Mill Valley Recreation, and dozens of wonderful partners featured on the event page below:
Date: Sunday, April 24th, 2022
Time: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Location: Mill Valley Community Center
- Cost: FREE
- Registration Required
- Get Your FREE Tickets Online HERE
- Children under 13 welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult
- For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few highlights about this free community celebration:
- Earth 2050 aims to inspire people to create a better world
- Fun activities will invite visitors to take action and live sustainably
- This family-friendly, multi-faceted festival will engage people of all ages
- Over 60 green businesses, environmental and civic partners will exhibit at the event
- Artists like Maria Muldaur, Tom Killion and young creators will share their art and music
- We expect this will be Marin’s largest Earth Day event in recent years
- Hosted by Green Change, a nonprofit, all-volunteer climate action network
- We welcome community volunteers: sign up here to volunteer at Earth 2050
- Join the fun and come celebrate Earth Day with family, friends and neighbors!
Additional Earth Month Resources
Marin Wildlife Picture Index Project
You won’t find a photographer capturing these spirited moments of wildlife. In fact, the wildlife themselves caught their daily lives on camera. The photography in the “Casual in Nature” exhibit, like a scene from a storybook, provides a unique glimpse of frolicking foxes, catnapping coyotes, and jumping jackrabbits. The thoughtfully placed motion-activated cameras that were used to collect this information also tell the story of biodiversity and ecosystem well-being. As we find inspiration from these animal “selfies” and contemplate the wonder and beauty of the natural world in which we share, we are also reminded of our responsibility to protect it. View the "Casual in Nature" Photo Exhibit
The Marin Wildlife Picture Index Project is partially funded by Parks Measure A. The quarter-cent sales tax, approved by voters in 2012, supports projects and programs that benefit parks, open space and agricultural lands across Marin. For more information visit www.marincountyparks.org
Sign up today to receive our newsletter emails with Recreation News, Updates, Program Information, Special Events and more!